Saturday 23 October 2010

  "Pork Pochero"

Pochero is a Spanish influenced Pinoy dish, It is a tomato sauce base dish which is typical with the other Pinoy dish with Spanish sounding name like the menudo, kaldereta, mechado etc. Pochero is a stewed beef, pork or chicken in tomato sauce with chorizo and the must have ingredient saba, plantain banana and of course vegetables like cabbage, green beans and pechay. In addition garbanzos or cheek peas is also added. Our pochero has evolved to countless versions. Some pochero versions also are similar to the usual nilaga or bulalo.

Beef Bulalo or other known as Pochero actually refers to the beef bone marrow which is boiled for hours until the marrow is tapped out from the bone. It is one such a favorite Filipino soup that is perfectly served during cold weather even in warm weather too. The hotter the soup it was made, the best time to serve.

When my brother-in-law cooked this pochero dish, I was surprised because, I dont have any idea what is the taste of that dish.
When I finally taste it, I realized that it is also like the menudo. It has also tomato sauce. It taste like nilagang baboy version, the difference between them is the tomato sauce.

Once you eat the "Pochero dish", I think that we are also have the same comment.

This is one of our famous Sunday dinner in my family.

It is a very delicious recipe that I will recommend to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment